I’m Adam, welcome to my website – I shoot Music & Movies and most things in between!
From Staly-Vegas (Stalybridge); the place that Richard Gere famously said it was one of the worst towns he’d ever visited… we didn’t like him either.
I’m a Photographer & Creative Director specialising in Unit/Production Stills, Music Media Production, Band Promotion, Portfolio Imagery, Advertising and Events.
I became a photographer somewhat by chance; it was actually always my dream to become an artist but although extremely dedicated, I was no Rembrandt… Even my adopted style of expressionism (which is a good art movement to mask terrible drawings) wasn’t very good! Reluctantly I began taking photographs of the things I couldn’t draw, mainly through frustration; and continued with this practice until my fine art teacher gave me some of the best advise I ever had:
‘Youngy, just forget it, you’re bloody terrible, you’ll never make a penny doing this… these photographs however are great – concentrate on that!’.
Having been given this epiphany on a plate, I did just that, and signed up to a BA (Hons) course in Photography at UCLAN (that’s Preston not the one in LA. )
… But lets be honest, you can’t teach someone art or well photography!
After leaving University I worked freelance for several years, which is when I developed my own unique shooting style; becoming an accomplished music photographer before learning Video Production.
Working as a Creative Photographer has enabled me work not only in Manchester but also frequently in London as well as Los Angeles, New York, Cannes, Florence, Croatia, Spain and Malta.
Moving forward it’s now my ambition to continue to develop my skills working with artists, bands and brands whilst also making the leap into TV/Movie production stills.
You can judge my skills from testimonials and my gallery but seeing that I’m into shooting, I’ll give you some bullets:
- Low Light (Non-flash)
- Unit Stills (Production/Film Photography)
- Studio/Location Photography (Editorial & Fashion)
Director & Producer
- Director of Photography (DoP)
Project managing visual promotion (Photography/Video/Graphics/Social Media & Print) for companies, artists and individuals. Developing brand & advertising strategies for online and printed marketing – delivering the best possible results within each client’s budget, in order to reach maximum efficiency.
- Film Photography – Photography is also my hobby/passion. I absolutely love shooting 35mm film with my Canon AE1-Program & Yashica T4.
- Ghost Hunting – When I don’t have a camera in my hand my other great love is anything paranormal, myths & legends… I’m actually a Ghost Buster! I even run my own research team called: Ghost Tours UK.
- History / Travelling – I love visiting new (old) places especially in the UK. York & Haworth are two of my favorite places. Give me haunted old pubs with real ale any day of the week.
- Movies: Kind of goes without saying, but I love films & TV and I’m a big supporter of British and Independent filmmakers and a huge fan of 80’s nostalgia – they just don’t make them like they used to (apart from Richard Gere films).
Milkcow, Now Then, Fringe, What’s on Stage, British Theatre Guide, Broadway World, Manchester Evening News, Pilgrim, High Spirit, Martial Arts Illustrated and Martial Arts Uncaged.
Bands and Artists
Calvin Harris, Incubus, Haim, Owl City, Tiesto, 1D Band, Gary Numan, Steel Panther, Bowling for Soup, Mr. Big, Frank Turner, The Editors, Aloe Black, Authority Zero, Imogen Heap, Enter Shikari, R5, Kate Nash, Black Veil Brides, Soil, Funeral for a Friend, Yellowcard, The Blackout, Wheatus, Richie Kotzen (Poison), Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple/Black Sabbath) and Puddle of Mudd… and many more.
Corporate & Production
Thomas Sabo, H.Samuel, National Grid, Dead Legacy Clothing, Alimentary Innervation, Imprivata, Hard Rock Café, The Functional Gut Clinic, Trident, Rock Radio, Hapsburg Absinthe, LCE Lighting, Ecast Productions, South of Sideways Productions, Key 103, Scare-E-TV, DMTV, Vertigo Theatre Productions, Fish Eagle TV, Northern Elastic and Hustle Productions.